Search This Blog

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Simulation: My SPICE software

This blog is just to update and tell you guys that I have started a SPICE software package.  Of course it'll be simple and won't do things PSPICE or B2SPICE can do but it's a great way to learn the process easier.  I have already implemented the portion of the program that can simulate current sources and resistors.  You can have as many nodes as you desire and it seems to work perfect (confirmed with B2SPICE).  So I think that's good...

As for the software structure.  I had to create a simple Complex Class and Matrix Class.  The most difficult part was creating the inversion routine for the matrix.  I didn't realize how complicated this was until I started to write it.  I used the slowest and most real, the reduced diagonal method.  I basically used linear algebra directly without any optimizations.

Anyways, this project will take a while.  Once I can develop a simple engine, I'll put a GUI around it and make it better in a number of ways (if possible).  Any suggestions, let me know

-----------------------
Justin Coulston
justin.coulston@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment