Search This Blog

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Simulation: Netlist Template

I have spent the last 2 days trying to figure out how to generalize the process of subcircuits for the SPICE software.  I've gone through a few design possibilities and finally came to the conclusion that simple netlist style templates will work perfectly.

So instead of reinventing the wheel, I'll use the classic technique of netlisting.  I will end up using a different netlist for different simulation types.

Example:
The capacitor companion model for a ...

Transient Analysis: Consists of a resistor in parallel with a current source.
DC Analysis: Consists of either a perfect open or very high value resistor (> 1 Gigaohm)
Small Signal or AC Analysis: Consists of a resistor with equation R = 1/(2*pi*f*C)

So I'll have different models for different simulation types as you can see.  The biggest question will be how to define the equations for the individual parameters.  How should I implement these into classes inside the program?  Creating text file models is the easy task.  It's a little more difficult to implement into Classes.

That's the extent of where I am currently.

--------------------
Justin Coulston
justin.coulston@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment